Monday 20 March 2017

Wet lazy time



The rain seems endless. It’s been raining all weekend & still it rains. It occasionally stops just about long enough for the stone paving of the patio area to dry out, but then it is darkened once more as yet more water descends.

We’ve not done much all weekend. The weather doesn’t encourage you to want to venture out unnecessarily.

The edges of the flowerbeds are puddles but at least we haven’t got the lakes we used to have before we had the garden redesigned. When our gardener was last here, over a week ago now, she planted some daffodil bulbs she’d taken out from under the silver birches into a couple of large pots. I did contemplate watering them in. After all the compost was fairly dry, straight from the bag. Within a couple of hours it started to rain. I'm sure by now they’ve had more than enough water.

I’m having a lazy day today. The Fox is making a sausage casserole so all I’ve done towards dinner is peel some spuds to go in. The meal should plop away while I’m having my head massage later today. In the meanwhile I’ll play a few games on the computer, catch up on friends’ blogs, hopefully finish my jigsaw, maybe even read a bit – a life of idleness.

No comments: