Thursday 2 March 2017

An extra joy of kedgeree



Today is kedgeree day.

There is a reason why I’m so excited about this. Not only do I enjoy a kedgeree, but there’s also a little extra.

For a kedgeree you need some hard-boiled eggs. These I boil in the morning ready for dinner in the evening. If I have an extra egg in the house, I usually boil it along the others, only I take it out earlier, when hopefully the yolk is still runny. I really enjoy these breakfasts of chucky egg & bread soldiers. For me it is bread soldiers if the bread is fresh enough. The Fox grew up with toast soldiers. Either way it is essential to have soldiers to dunk in that oozing golden yolk. Yum.

Now we just need to get to the shops to buy some salmon for the kedgeree. We’re having a change from the Fox’s usual world famous Kipper & Egg Kedgeree. Hopefully it will be as successful.

No comments: