Friday 17 March 2017

More niggles



It’s been a tiring, rather frustrating few days. A lot of the time seems to have been spent on medical matters.

On Tuesday I had another go at trying to re-arrange my appointment. No problem. I’m now going in April, to our local surgery, at lunchtime. I’ve never seen the doctor before but that can’t be helped.

Then on Wednesday the Fox wanted me to make an appointment for him. I spent over half an hour holding on before finally getting through. I managed to get an appointment for later that morning.

It was a doctor neither of us had seen before. We both ended up feeling he wasn’t being taken very seriously. He was given a very peremptory examination. Anyhow, he’s now got an appointment for some blood tests next week, followed by another appointment a couple of weeks later, this time with his more regular doctor.

We don’t think it is anything very serious, just one of those niggles that get you down after a while. It may turn out to be another example of how much strain he is under, supporting me through this cancer business. I hope when we do get through to see our GP we get a more satisfactory conclusion.

There’s no denying, getting older does seem to involve a lot of health niggles as well as the odd big worry.

Meanwhile it’s dawned upon me the clocks will soon be changing. Lighter evenings will soon be here. As it is we’re doing most of the cooking in daylight, even though some extra artificial light is needed most days by the time we’re eating. I always find the longer evenings more cheering. I associate it with the coming of better weather, even some warmth once more. I begin to look forward to days spent outside in the garden, just enjoying the plants growing & the wildlife, bird & insect, flying around. Hopefully it will also be a season of better health. Of late we’ve had enough health problems to last us quite a while, thank you.

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

trying to get a doctor's appointment always seemes to be an anxiety promoting experience these days and, the time allowed for the appointment is always too short for anything other than a simple one-off symptom/ailment! No time for any holistic approach.

The Oxcliffe Fox said...

At one friend's surgery there is a big sign, "Suffering stress? Feeling anxious? Make an appointment to see you're doctor." Her reaction is that the cause of her stress & anxiety is trying to make an appointment to do just that. Good to hear from you, the Vixen