Saturday 25 March 2017

Relief for some, worry for others



The sun is shining. The lawns are still white with frost. It looks set to be a lovely spring day. Tonight the clocks change so tomorrow should be lighter longer in the evening. Then I’ll start to feel spring is really here & summer’s on its way.

Yesterday we heard of a couple of local people affected by the terrible events in Westminster the other day. The family of a friend & also of a local notable figure were involved in the lock down. Fortunately none were involved in the killings. However, it was with relief our friend got a phone call to tell her that her grand-daughters were both fine. She’d only got back from a trip to London to see them just the day before.

Our day was dominated by the Fox’s ill-health. We ended up calling the surgery as waves of nausea & fever hit. He was given some medication. Unfortunately he reacted badly to the medication. We afterwards looked at the piece of paper that came with the pills to see that they were not to be taken if you’d a stroke which the Fox has had.

I’m getting very nervous about what to cook for dinner. While I was out on Thursday, I bought a chicken to roast. We’re going to have to have it otherwise it will go off. One good thing is that there are plenty of things to do with leftover cooked chicken. That can go in the freezer until he’s better.

The whole cooking business is getting soul-destroying when he can eat so little. (I suspect he only eats as much as he does to make sure I have a proper meal.)He seems to manage better when he is away from the cooking smells so I am doing all the cooking at the moment, which I’m beginning to find quite exhausting. As I’ve no food plans after today, I think whatever we eat is going to be quick & easy cooking, something that doesn’t require much effort. Yesterday’s meal turned into a bowl of soup & a smoked mackerel salad. What next I wonder. I just hope they sort out the cause of the problem soon.

No comments: