Monday 22 August 2016

Grey day



I’m having difficulty getting myself going today. It’s so dark! The rain seems non-stop. Even now, mid-morning I almost think I should put the lights on to see. It does nothing for the morale.

I should be feeling quite chirpy.  On Friday we heard from the travel agents. The holiday tickets have arrived. It’s just that Friday & Saturday have been so wet we’ve not fancied venturing out further than absolutely necessary, so we’ve not actually been to collect them yet

Saturday saw the arrival of the road map covering the part of France we’re visiting. It’s finally arrived after being ordered in April. I love maps. Just looking at this map is inspiring me with other ideas of places to visit. It’s so much clearer than our old all France road atlas. For one thing where we’re staying isn’t in the crease between pages. Nor is it at the bottom of the page so half the time I’m turning from one page to another trying to judge the distances. Now I can see the terrain clearly, work out possible routes & distances, see the roads that have been built since  the old atlas was published.

I ought to be feeling excited, but the weather is dragging me down. I didn’t see the weather forecast last night. I’m just hoping it will pick up a bit this afternoon because I certainly don’t fancy venturing out in this downpour. Maybe the dinner will cheer me, with its colourful array of peppers & red onion. Something’s going to have to. The day so far isn’t helping.

No comments: