Tuesday 30 August 2016

After effects



This morning I’m feeling the effects of yesterday.

At one point in the afternoon, I had another attempt at flight as I hurtled down the ramp from the kitchen door, ending up head first in the pebble-dashed shed wall.

So this morning, I brush my hair to feel a definitely sore patch on top. My left hand is sore from where I stuck it out to stop myself, taking a layer of skin off the heel of my palm as I slid down the sharp pebbling.

After a sit down to recover from that fall, I went round to the walled garden, where I’d proceeded to trip over the rough stone bird bath. So today my then bare toes still sting from where they were grazed, drawing blood.

I have various aches from where I clearly wrenched myself awkwardly on one or other trip. My left shoulder in particular is complaining. My knees, too, ache from where they slammed into the low raised garden at the base of the shed.

Well, I suppose all these extra aches are a distraction from my other worries at the moment. But I could have done without them!

No comments: