Thursday 11 August 2016

Getting sorted



It says something that today I have a hotpot cooking in the oven for dinner today. It may be August but it’s beginning to feel more like winter. Last night I even flirted with the idea of putting the heating on for a bit. I was so cold. Now we’re once more into rain & yet more greyness.

We’ve got a few more things sorted out for the holiday. Now we’ve got the holiday insurance, the airport parking & the extra car insurance all done. I think we’re now about done except for the last minute things – getting some euros, something to read, packing, using up fresh foods. 

We’re on the look-out for a road map of the area of France we're visiting. We ordered one last April but we’re still waiting for its arrival. We get monthly apologies from Amazon for its non-arrival with them, let alone despatch to us. We keep hoping.

Before we go, it looks as though I’m going have to ring up the hospital once more. My review for pancreatitis is due & there’s no sign of an appointment date. I don’t think they’ve once remembered by themselves to send me an appointment. I wouldn’t object to being told they didn’t want to see me again unless I feel unwell, but when they tell me to come back in 9 months’ time I expect to be called back in 9 months, not a year. I certainly don’t expect them to just lose my papers & forget about me, especially when the idea is to keep an eye out for any early signs of cancer. I’ll give them another week, then it’s back on the phone.

No comments: