Friday 19 August 2016

All wet



What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday we sat outside, eating our salad.  We’d managed to get some fresh mackerel to accompany it. I just simply grilled it. The salad had a tangy chilli- & ginger-rich dressing that went well with the oily fish & the bottle of German riesling.  After the meal I put the chair cushions away in the garage, while the Fox cleared the table. I then went in to get changed ready for bed. He went on to water the various pots of plants as it had been another warm, breezy day.

Today it’s chucking it down with non-stop rain. Imagine my shock to notice on the wet table outside, sat our diary with a pen carefully placed on top, still waiting to be picked up & brought in. Neither of us had noticed them last night. Now they were well sodden. Fortunately the diary has a hard shiny back so I was able to dry that fairly easily. Various papers sticking out of the diary –appointments, bills to be paid, etc. – are slowly drying out. I’m hoping if I don’t try wiping them the ink will not start running & the writing become illegible.

We’ve never left books outside before. Trust us to do it when it’s turned into a very wet night/morning.

Needless to say today we will be eating inside. The forecast reckons it should be wet all day & I can believe it.


No comments: