Monday 29 August 2016

Anxious times



Anxiety stalks our home.

On the minor side, I look out of the window. I’m trying to decide whether the rain clouds or the sunshine is going to win the battle for our skies. I would put my washing out to dry but it’s not worth it if I’m going to have to run(?) out to get it in again soon afterwards.

On the more serious side, no matter how we try we both seem haunted by the prospect of the next trip to the hospital. The Fox is clucking around, checking I feel okay. And curiously that’s what worries me. Previously when I’ve had recalls I have also had symptoms – they’ve always turned out to be cysts. The only time I went for a cancer check (cervical cancer in this instance) & was told I had cancer I felt fine & felt no symptoms – for those who are more recent readers of this blog, that was 16 years ago & I’m all clear now. I’m just glad the wait isn’t too long. We’re off to the hospital later this week & should come away with a clearer idea of what is suspected, & hopefully been told it was just a false alarm, another cyst.

The anxiety is made worse in that I’m uncertain now about our French holiday. The news will have to be very bad to cancel it –we’re going next month - but if the news is bad it will be a black cloud over the holiday, I can see it.

I really don’t like uncertainty, not of this sort. I’d sooner know there is an enemy & what it is, than be left wondering about the existence of an enemy. At least then I can adjust my state of mind to cope with it, but not knowing is impossible to adapt to. Dithering & fence sitting just make me tense, & therefore more pain filled as muscles tighten up. Roll on Thursday when things should be clearer.

No comments: