Friday 7 August 2015

On the up



The sun is shining. The world is looking bright.

Undoubtedly part of my up mood is that when I checked the account the money has finally gone out to pay for my care. Now I’m just hoping it will be easier when the next bill arrives at the end of the month.

I’m hoping Carol, our gardener will be coming today. She’s been coming on Sunday the last couple of weeks. She’s been too busy during the week with having a new kitchen installed. However Sunday is not the best day of the week for me. If it’s dry I like the chance to go to church - though it has rained the last two weeks & often I go to church via BBC Radio 4. And regardless of anything else Sunday is the day I change the bed & get the week’s washing under way – always a physically taxing, & pain-inducing, activity. The extra physical demand involved in sorting her out, is just getting a bit too much.

I myself have managed to do a bit in the garden this last week. On Monday the Fox mowed the lawns & I cut round the edges, neatening them off. Then yesterday I had a go at topiary. Our privet lollipops were beginning to get a bit straggly. We’re not entirely convinced we want to keep them but until we decide we want to keep them in shape. There is something to be said for the height of the lollipops, even their formality. The lavender hedging, or soon to be lavender hedging, broken only be the lollipops do give a linking theme up the garden, a unity of flow that takes you up & around the garden.


Hairy lollipops in the midst of the lavender...

... leading you up the garden path

No comments: