Monday 3 August 2015

Changing plans



The day seems to be changing.

We decided yesterday, the weather being dry, we would go off to Kendal today to look for a wedding outfit for me, & a wedding present for our niece & her partner. We would also have a meal out for a change.

I woke this morning to a glorious blue sky. I hastily got my washing out to dry.

By the time I’d got myself washed & breakfasted the sky was clouding over. I was reminded of the old saying “Sun before seven, rain before eleven.” I had got up just after the 7am pips on the radio.

What to do? I decided to get some potatoes prepared for sautéing. If we were not going off for today we will need feeding. The potatoes will keep until tomorrow if necessary & I’m no longer confident we will be going to Kendal.

After I’d parboiled the potatoes I went to feel the washing. It was drying well. The wind was getting up. However, before I’d got back in the house I felt the first raindrops on my skin. The washing hastily came in & I’m now assuming the trip is off.

To be honest I was in two minds about whether we would go anyhow. We’re still trying to pay that care bill. When the Fox tried to pay the bill early Saturday, he couldn’t get through. We rang once more to be told that 24/7 banking only works Monday to Friday between 9am & 5pm. We would now have to wait until today. I half expect we are going to have another delay before we can do anything as we fight once more to try to pay these 4 months’ worth of bill. I quite expect yet another premium rate call will be needed if we’re to succeed.


No comments: