Monday 10 August 2015

Busy week ahead



I can see this is going to be another busy week. Wednesday will see us going off to the hospital for my check-up. I’m hoping we may feel up to stopping in Lancaster to look around for an outfit & wedding present. Time is running out.

At the moment we’re contemplating getting something off the net for a present. That would be one less thing to worry about. I’m resisting doing the same with an outfit for me. I’m dithering between getting something on-line & then going through the hassle of returning it if I’m not happy with it or to just go in something I’ve already got. All said & done we see this bit of family so rarely they won’t know the difference. The main thing is that we’re there & looking reasonably smart.

Today I’m half-expecting Carol to come. She didn’t get here all last week. She usually comes Friday but with having the kitchen done by some rather incompetent builders supplied by the housing association, she’s felt the need to stay at home to keep an eye on them. So the last couple of times she’s come on Sunday but yesterday it was wet in the morning. I’m hoping the wet ground from last night’s deluge isn’t going to put her off again. Perhaps the kitchen people are still there so it will mean she doesn’t feel she can leave home once more.

Then there’s other chores to be done – the food shopping, collecting prescriptions, the ironing, the library for example – nothing very great but they do add up. Today I see as a day of rest while we can in order to have the energy to survive the onslaught of activity.

No comments: