Wednesday 26 August 2015

Going doolally



There are times when I think I’m going well & truly doolally.

Yesterday as the Fox’s appointment at the hospital was cancelled – the physio’s ill – we decided to do our usual supermarket shop. We didn’t need much as the Austrian holiday will soon be upon us, but there were a few things we still needed.

We decided as we now had time we might as well buy some of the non-perishable items we would need as soon as we came home while we were at it.

In the car, as we came home, I suddenly realised the two things we had particularly wanted to buy before we go – a puzzle book to keep me occupied on the plane & some antiperspirant – we’d forgotten to buy. And those were the main reason for even going shopping!

I’m now telling myself when I go to have my hair done tomorrow, I can pop into the local Coop supermarket & get something there. Or will I just forget again?

I have to confess neither of us are really in holiday mood. We’re both feeling too drained to have the energy to feel any excitement. We’re telling ourselves once we’re on that train from Salzburg to Vienna, travelling through some fabulous scenery, our spirits will lift.

I think part of the problem is having the wedding to worry about too. We’re still dithering about what to wear for that! We’ve tried a couple of times to get into Lancaster to buy something but the traffic jam to get to Lancaster has stretched for miles so we’ve just given up. Maybe something will appear in Austria, Vienna maybe. At least the present’s been decided on. It’s not been helped being distracted by all the recent flooding, an extra pressure we could have done without.

No comments: