Monday 9 March 2015

One job done



I’ve finally got around to moving some snowdrops from the front garden to the back garden. Hopefully next year there will be a good showing.

I felt quite smug as I watched “Countryfile” on BBC1 last night & they were talking about dividing up snowdrops & planting new areas. I’d done mine that morning. I might yet transfer a few others.

Di, our new gardener, is hoping to come this afternoon. In the winter months she has a temporary job at the power station nearby. At present she’s on nights. I get the impression it’s the first time she’s had to do nights & is finding the change of hours difficult to adjust to. At this time of year I’m not too put out that’s she’s not been for a fortnight. It may be more of a problem come the spring proper, when everything really burgeons. But, again, my impression is that that is when she will be moving into full time gardening & certainly the hours of daylight will be greater.

No comments: