Friday 27 March 2015

All of a whirl



This afternoon we’re expecting the first man to come to give us a quote for the new double glazing/uPVC doors.

Different designs keep whirring through my mind. Do we want stained glass or cut glass in the window of the door? Frosted glass or plain? How about a stable door at the back? I love to look out of the window there & look down our back garden. To do the annual bird count I just sit at the back door in the warmth & look out. Then there’s the style of window. Tilt & turn? Sash? One large opening window across the top? Or two smaller ones? The possibilities seem endless. They just keep whirring away.

It’s a sunny day once more. Maybe I will get out in it & do a bit of weeding. I find working in the garden satisfying, even if back-breaking & knee-aching. It is hard reaching down to the ground all the time when you cannot support yourself comfortably on bent knees.

I am pleased to see the daffodils have finally got to the stage of standing tall & starting to yellow up. There seem to have been so many around, along the streets & in other people’s gardens & yet ours are still in bud. I suppose that’s what comes of living in a frost pocket as we do.

No comments: