Monday 8 October 2012

Bemused

Bemusement strikes again. I received a second letter from the hospital. It's for the same time. This time it tells me where to go in the hospital & what I need to take with me. I was reassured the time was the same - Saturday 9.30am. But the location! It seems I'm to report to the Dermatology Out Patient Department. What on earth has that to do with abdominal pain, suspected Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Surely dermatology is to do with ailments related to the skin? I hastily look at the top of the letter. Yes, it does say "Department: Gastroenterology".

My conclusion is that this department is centrally based at Preston & has clinics once in a while in the regions. If that is the case it wouldn't justify having an area delegated specifically to them, so they just use whatever department facilities are not otherwise in use - hence dermatology. We''l find out when November comes.

Meanwhile I wonder once more who will turn up to clean the house. I suspect Debbie again. Angie should have had her op by now but a week doesn't seem very long to recover, especially when her job inevitably pulling & stretching in all directions. If Angie does come I'll try to do my best to ensure she doesn't overdo things. I will be relieved to get back to Angie as the regular.  

No comments: