Tuesday 24 July 2012

Still more problems

I can't help wondering whether phoning NHS Direct was a good idea. If I hadn't, I would undoubtedly have phoned the surgery when it opened and insisted upon seeing some doctor that day. Instead, I've spent a weekend worrying, especially when a few more drops of blood appeared on Saturday. I'm glad to say nothing further has appeared. I'm also relieved to think I'm seeing a doctor this afternoon. I suspect, though, it will simply be a case of being referred to the hospital for a further mammogram. We'll see. At least the cogs will have been set in motion.

Meanwhile, on Saturday, we ended up having a shiny red fire engine turn up at our house. No, I hadn't set the house on fire. During the night, our fire alarm had started beeping every 30 seconds. By the morning it was driving me round the bend. Since the fire brigade installed the fire alarm, I thought I should ring them to find out what had gone amiss. The battery was running out. They agreed to come that afternoon to replace the alarm as the battery couldn't just be changed. Once more we were told how best to avoid starting a fire, how best to behave if one did start etc. We were also given a couple of bottles containing forms to be filled in with our medical information which is to be kept in the fridge door. In theory, if the place is on fire, they will see the sticker we've had to put on the front door & then retrieve this container to facilitate our emergency treatment. We decided to put both forms in the one container. There's enough rubbish cluttering up the fridge without two such containers. Once more we are relatively safe.

Later this week the Fox is off to see our regular GP. He's having trouble with his hands. We suspect it's the onset of arthritis and nothing much can be done. We'll see.

If it's not one thing it's another at the moment. Meanwhile I plod on with my benefit form. As if I could cope with work as well!

No comments: