Sunday 19 September 2010

What a differrence!

The temperature has definitely dropped today. I've felt half-tempted to put the heating on all morning. To be honest the drop began yesterday.

We ended up having dinner early to stoke up the inner boiler. The fact it turn into Mexican burritos - nice & spicy - certainly helped. After getting changed I sat with my legs up on the settee. My feet quickly disappeared under a cushion for extra warmth. When the chill began to bite a hot cup of tea magically appeared thanks to the Fox.

Today, as I say, seems even colder. It just seems too early to be putting the heating on. It's only September! And to think only on Friday I sat outside in the garden with my carer - the Fox was at his course - feeling the warmth of the sun on my face! What a difference a couple of days can make. Now I'm thinking it's time to put summer clothes away & go into winter mode with extra layers. I can always take off if I get too warm. It's may be just as well we've got the new boiler & the Fox is now 60 so should receive winter fuel allowance this winter, assuming it still exists.

It's also definitely rapidly becoming time to change the clocks. The mornings are getting very dark, especially on a wet overcast day like today. The evenings have been darker for some time.

No comments: