Saturday 4 September 2010

Busy September Friday afternoons

I'm once more in mid-meal preparation. Today it will be a chicken & vegetable pie. The filling is all made & cooling down. The homemade shortcrust pastry is still rock hard from the freezer, but I'm sure it will soon thaw in our warm sun-drenched kitchen. Once it has, I'll put the pie together, ready to cook this evening.

Yesterday turned out to be a more stimulating day than anticipated. The course turned out to be far more constructive than usual. The Fox felt he'd come back having learnt something new. If anything they were short of time, having more than enough material to get through in the 3 hours. He's even quite looking forward to next week which will be all about various agencies, charities, websites etc that may be of help to him in his caring role.

Meanwhile I had a pleasant sit out in the sun in our garden. My carer relaxed more. I took out some holiday brochures that had come unasked for through the post. This prompted dreams & reminiscences in both of us. At last we seem to have found a bit of common ground other than ill-health & family problems. It's so much better to be able to talk of hopes, of dreams, of good times, &, what is more, to be able to talk about it with enthusiasm.

And I do like a bit of enthusiasm. I can gain an interest in almost any subject matter if there is a bit of enthusiasm, especially if it's seasoned with a bit of intelligence.

So it looks like Fridays are going to continue being busy for September.

No comments: