Tuesday 20 April 2010

Not very happy bunnies

Readers of the Fox's blog will realise the reason for my absence for the last couple of days - food poisoning. We suspect the cause is some oysters we had for dinner on Friday. Whatever the cause we've not been very happy bunnies.

When the Fox wrote on Sunday, he dismissed that idea on the basis that he'd been feeling unwell even before he ate the oysters. But then he has had a delicate stomach ever since he had a bad case of food poisoning some years ago, so that could just have been an eruption of that complaint. There's no denying he was a lot worse yesterday.

As for me, yesterday brought a certain rallying. Not that I could face moving much as that set off another bout of nausea. We both felt the need for an afternoon lie down. As for dinner, we just about coped with baked beans on toast but that was it. Even a cup of tea was not a pleasure.

In the evening we watched a prerecorded episode of "Foyle's War" listening to our respective gurgles & belches as we did. Another early night for me, uncomfortable & restless but at least this time I didn't end up getting up to be sick.

This morning I'm a lot brighter. My morning cuppa went down better. I feel more able to move around. I've even hung the washing out. It may be freezing cold out but it is bright, & the strong wind should do wonders. I'm not sure if all that stretching up to the line wasn't a bit much, but I'm glad to feel I'm able to do something again.

As for dinner, I'll wait to see how the Fox is feeling. I suspect I could manage something a bit more today. Just something simple & easily digestible.

One good result of all this is that I've lost 3lbs in weight, though it seems a pretty drastic way of going about it. What is more I suspect once I start eating normally again the weight will go straight back on!

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

pleased to see that you're recovering - hope the Fox is feeling brighter.