Friday 30 April 2010

Election

The time has come to cast that vote. We have postal votes. When we first came here, the polling station was the local library. Unfortunately that had steps, so they ended bringing the polling booth & box out to me to vote sitting in the street. Since then we've voted by post.

Now we've had a new library built, on the same site, with easy wheelchair access, only opened this year. If the polling station is still there, then we're tempted to vote at the polling station once more in future. We both prefer actually going to the station to vote. But this time we're still voting by post, just as well as next Thursday we will be mid-air in the morning & strolling around Nice in the afternoon.

So who to vote for? I'm still dithering, but with it being a Bank Holiday, & therefore extra time needed to get the post through, I think I'll have to decide this morning so we can post them off this afternoon to ensure the vote arriving in time.

I know who I don't want to vote for, rather than who I do want to vote for. I certainly feel it's time for a change, but I'm not convinced the Conservatives are the change I want, or that they would even be preferable.

We have 5 candidates here, Labour, Conservatives, LibDem, UKIP & the Green Party. I've got it down to 2 parties, but which one I'm still not sure. But vote I will. I don't feel I have a right to complain unless I can at least make the effort to vote, so vote I will.

No comments: