Thursday 4 March 2010

The washing seems to have dried quickly this week. I'm taking it as a sign of increasing warmth. I've even been getting the ironing done today, earlier in the week than our winter norm.

The sun has returned again today. Yesterday's sun was purely the metaphorical sun brought about by a highly successful culinary experiment - crispy monkfish & scallop kebabs. That put us both into a good mood.

Today the Fox is in charge of the cooking. He's making a simple bacon & tomato sauce to accompany some pasta bows. It's an old favourite which he has rarely done so
still seems adventurous to him. At times, though, old favourites are very welcome.

Meanwhile I'll continue working down the freezer contents list. The next item is smoked duck breast. Now, I wonder what I can do with that. Adapt a smoked chicken flan recipe, perhaps? Or how about warming it up in some green ginger gravy? I'll have to put my thinking cap on.

No comments: