Wednesday 10 March 2010

A quiet morning

It's a quiet morning for me today. The Fox is in charge of dinner. He's making a main course soup - all veg & cannellini beans - followed by a ready made pizza. So there's absolutely nothing for me to do, not even to get the spuds to peel.

It's just as well. Yesterday we got home from the Pub. I got the veg on while I looked at a nice piece of salmon. I got some cream cheese out of the fridge to mix with some cranberries, lemon & garlic to discover the lady I'd asked to reach it down from the high shelf in the supermarket had given me cream cheese with pineapple. I didn't fancy the pineapple with the cranberries & lemon. The Fox hastily popped to the nearest shops while I got on with the rest of the meal. After all the effort I'm relieved to say we both thoroughly enjoyed our baked crusted salmon - beautifully moist & tender.

So what to do this morning? I'm thinking I might finish the Dick Francis novel I'm reading. I've only the last 20 pages to complete. Then, having read a friend's blog on his gardening activities, I'm thinking I may try & get a bit of tidying down in our garden. At the moment the ground is still white from the overnight frost, impossible to pull weeds out of. It is sunny today with a hint of warmth so hopefully in a little while it will have softened a bit. I just hope then it won't be too sodden to walk on.

The last couple of nights, as the twilight has come to an end, we've been serenaded with birdsong. They're definitely on the job of establishing their territories & finding mates for the summer ahead. It's gorgeous to hear.

No comments: