Friday 5 March 2010

All arranged

The thing about having a bright & sunny day at this time of year is that it tends to be followed by an absolutely freezing night. Last night was no exception. Once more I got up to a frosty white morning. I had a look at the thermometer outside. Again it read -11C. Brr... But the morning is staying bright which is some compensation.

As the Fox's readers will know, we've finally got our train tickets sorted. Now I just have to let Virgin Trains know I will need assistance at the stations. I just hope the journey goes as well as everyone tells us. The pessimistic part of me suspects the worst, but there's no harm in hoping. We've done as much as we can to make it easy.

I have to confess it still amazes me that it's taken nearly a month to organise a weekend away. I just hope it will be worth it. The hotel sounds as though it should be a bit of luxury, unlike the noisy place we stayed at in Liverpool. The show should be inspiring. And London will still be an exciting city to visit.

I'm telling myself if it is a success, & we fancy going again some time, it should be easier. Now I have my railcard. We've located helpful websites. We know where to find the info we need.

But oh, the simplicity of my last trip to London. Turn up at the station, buy a return ticket, straight down to London, fabulous day out (job interview, Monet's "Water Lily Pond", Westminster Abbey) then back on an early evening train. All I needed before I set out was the train time. Easy. And I never realised just how easy at the time!

No comments: