Wednesday 23 December 2009

A touch of magic

Today is all a-drip. That's all you hear as you step outside. The birds seem happier now they can find their food more easily. By lunchtime yesterday it had thawed sufficiently for me to get to our bird food store. The bird table & feeders were still too far for me to safely to go, so I scattered a good handful of seeds across the patio. Soon there was a myriad of small footprints from our avian visitors.

As I made my way back inside my eye was caught by a wondrous vision. There were blue skies at the time. The sun was shining on the snow-laden evergreen trees. Then suddenly a shaft of sunlight hit the snow at the right angle. The light was refracted through the melting snow. All the colours of the rainbow burst from the branch tips. Our trees had their very own fairy lights. Beautiful.

No comments: