Thursday 31 December 2009

Quiet day

It's one of those strange days. It's almost eerily silent. I suppose the quiet is all the more noticeable because yesterday an icy wind was blowing everything around. Gates & fences rattled. It was bin day, so bins & rubbish were being blown along the road. Now the wind has died down, but the icy chill remains.

It's strange, too, because I've nothing much to do. I peeled some spuds for dinner
yesterday . Then in the afternoon we went to see Helen to see how she was doing after her op just before Christmas. By the time we were back we didn't feel like cooking so we went down to our village pub & ate out. The Fox is cooking today. He'll use up yesterday's potatoes, so there's nothing more for me to do now.

I'm glad to say Helen is doing well. She's trying to remember to be careful as she goes, but I'm confident she'll be back to her usual busy self by the end of the month, once more out and about, baking for all the family, at the Pub from time to time, going to play her badminton etc. She seems, too, to have coped well with her first Christmas without MK. That can't have been easy.

And so we go into the new year tonight. I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR. May it bring you great joy and not too many headaches.


No comments: