Sunday 6 December 2009

One delivery at least

I thought I was doing well with our pre-Christmas preparations. On Friday we posted our first Christmas card, complete with letter, to Australia. We've checked we've got enough cards for all our friends this year. We've even cooked our Christmas turkey - hence my absence over the past couple of days. I've give in our orders both for the Geriatrics' Corner Xmas dinner at the Pub & our Xmas day lunch meal at another hostelry. I was feeling quite pleased with myself.

Then the cards, even one hand-delivered, started to arrive. A sense of panic descends upon me. And it's only the 6th! Christmas seems to start earlier & earlier. Well, our friends are just going to have to wait until nearer the time for our cards.

More importantly on Friday, while the turkey was in the oven, we popped out to the Pub to deliver our wedding present to Den & Fran. They seemed thrilled. They laughed at the joke. Purred over the cat. Proudly showed it off to anyone who might be interested. Once Mrs B pointed out I'd sewn it, they were even more impressed by the effort made on their behalf. They rang up yesterday to thank us yet again. I think we did well there.

No comments: