Wednesday 2 September 2009

A bit of a dither

I've been having a dither - never a pleasant experience. The question is whether to get out the Mean Machine & go to the shops.

Today I've decided on fish for dinner. The ground was wet when I got up so I thought we'd do as planned, ie go in the car this afternoon. With this in mind, I scraped the new potatoes & par-boiled them ready to saute this evening. While I was doing this, my eyes kept wandering out of the window. The sky got increasingly blue.

So why not get out the Mean Machine? The weather forecast may be rain, but they rarely seem accurate for this area. Before I could go, the potatoes needed par-boiling. I would wait till then. Just as the potatoes were done & drained, the rain began.

So much for that. End of dither. We're going this afternoon. In the car. Now I can relax, write a blog, listen to a bit of radio, jig a bit. No more dithering. Fence sitting is a very uncomfortable position.

No comments: