Saturday 12 September 2009

All go

I'm still not entirely convinced we'll get to the concert. The Fox is far from 100%. He thought he'd cook yesterday, but no sooner had he started than he began to feel blocked up again & having silly accidents. I had to take over. By the time we had eaten, I was exhausted & the Fox was frustrated & irritable.

So far this morning, I've been doing chores. A shower. These days this is a major task, not to be undertaken daily. Then the ironing. We'll need some clean clothes soon. I'm now having a quick sit down & a mug of tea before tackling the lamb curry, ready to warm up this evening.

All this excess work has come because we'd been given the wrong date for the concert & not reminded a few days earlier. As you know I was intending a few days of doing pretty well nothing until the Fox was well. Instead I'm rushing around trying to get things done to go to a concert to support a friend. I'm telling myself I'll get a lie down later to keep me going. I just hope the Fox is feeling miraculously better. And not just when he's sat still, as yesterday!

No comments: