Friday 18 September 2009

All of a rush

I feel I've been rushing all morning. It started when I was up late. Normally this wouldn't matter, but today I had a doctor's appointment at 8.30am & it was already after 8. It was a dark morning so even 8am looked more like the middle of the night. I hadn't bothered to set the alarm as the Fox had decided he would stay up & take me to the surgery before going to bed. Unfortunately he'd dropped off to sleep on the sofa. If it hadn't been for our neighbour starting hammering at something I would probably have slept on.

Still after a rush we did get to the surgery. My blood pressure was up. I commented I wasn't surprised after the rush I'd had to get there on time. He wants me to be back for another reading when we're back from our hols & more relaxed.

We came straight home, had some tea (the first of the morning!), then the Fox went off to bed. I tried to sit & relax for half an hour to let him get off to sleep, before I started to clatter around in the kitchen, making dinner for this evening - Cheese Pasta Medley to use up the half tin of tomatoes in the fridge.

In the midst of doing this, I opened a cupboard to be confronted with moths. We've been having an invasion this year. They've been getting in the food cupboards & laying eggs. We thought we'd got it all cleared up, though we suspected we hadn't found them all. Too many still seemed to be flying around. So in the middle of making the meal I ended up emptying the cupboard, checking all the food & throwing anything infested out.

Finally I got the meal done & the kitchen tidied up. Next stop, feed the birds. We managed to get to the pet shop yesterday & the seed containers definitely needed a fill up. They always appreciate the bacon fat & rind anyhow.

At last I feel I can just sit & relax. I'm off to a wisteria tunnel in a jigsaw. Maybe there I'll be able to find some peace before we get off to the butcher's for some chicken for tomorrow & the Pub. Helen, MK's widow, is hoping to be there. We want to support her if we can.

No comments: