Tuesday 11 November 2008

Something fishy

Tonight's Fish Night at the Pub, when they're putting on a special fish menu for £25. The Fox mentioned the event in his blog the other day. We've decided not to go. The Fox isn't keen on cullen skink, & since a bad bout of food poisoning a few years ago, he's nervous about mussels. Instead we're having fish night at home.

"Ah", I hear you say, "but you had fish last night." Quite right too. I have this habit of getting food obsessions, when ideas for meals follow a particular theme. I'm not even aware of it happening when I'm planning. It's only when I start the cooking I suddenly realise what I've done.

So it is that last Friday we had pouting en papillote. Saturday progressed into tuna & herb wraps. Yesterday was a cod & prawn fish pie. Today it's going to be a tuna pie. As it only needs half a tin of tuna, we will have to have another tuna meal before long. Oh, and yes there is a big difference between yesterday's meal & today's. Yesterday's was rosti potato topped whereas today's is in a puff pastry parcel. At the moment the filling is cooling & the pastry is thawing. (I couldn't be bothered to make my own puff pastry - too much faff!) So when I'm done here, I'll make up the tuna parcel ready to go in the oven this evening.

No comments: