Thursday 27 November 2008

Food plans

The venison is plopping away today. We're having a venison pie for a change today.

We're off to the Farmers' Market later today. I'm not quite sure where we will put our purchases. The freezer's pretty full since we saw a goose at less than £20 & bought it. It takes up a lot of space but it should be quite a treat for the festive season ahead.

I've just been working on my next shopping list - the Christmas one. I usually plan 7 days of food, but the meals usually last a fortnight by the time we've eaten out a time or two. I often buy quantities that are monetarily efficient. By this I mean I'll buy a brace of pheasant even if I only plan to use one immediately, but the price per bird is cheaper than if I bought just the one bird. It means there's always something extra in the freezer if we need an extra meal.

December seems to be going to be a busy month for eating out. 2 meals with members of Geriatrics' Corner are already planned. Then we're eating
out on Christmas Day with MK & Helen, saving us all the effort of cooking & washing up much that day. We'll maybe get a bit of smoked salmon for a treat breakfast with scrambled eggs since it's a special day.

We don't do great things for Christmas - too exhausting when you're disabled or caring for a disabled person. We don't usually buy presents - too much hassle when you're trying to get round the hordes in a wheelchair. It's only the cards to get sent off, accompanied by the occasionally letter. It will soon be time to settle down to that, especially when our first meal out is next week so it would be nice to deliver the cards at the same time.

No comments: