Sunday 4 April 2021

Other visitors

I forgot to mention our other visitors of last week. As one pair of human visitors left I noticed a spot of red moving across the patio area – the first ladybird of the season.

 

Also when I showed one of our friends the walled garden & looked up at the nesting box, a blue tit vanished in followed by a bumble bee. I can’t help thinking if they’re both thinking of nesting there, it’s going to be a dangerous place for such close companionship.

 

Yesterday I noticed the bumble bee off to explore the lavender, too early to be in flower, in the horseshoe raised garden. Still it’s lovely to see a bee in flight again. I hadn’t realised it was warm enough for them to come out of their winter hibernation. Clearly it is.

 

The apple tree looks full of buds. It looks as though it will be a good year for fruit unless there’s a lot of wind before the fruit has chance to set. Still something to look forward.

 

Meanwhile the tumours on my throat are continuing to shrink rapidly. Along with it my voice is improving, though most of my family & friends seem to find it difficult to recognise it on the phone as being mine even though the croaks have gone.

 

 

 

No comments: