Friday 16 April 2021

Chaotic morning

What a chaotic morning.

 

Our cleaner came as usual. I had to tell her my news & prognosis.

 

Then the “End of Life” team came to make an assessment of our needs. Apparently, getting up in the morning isn’t until 9.30-10am, a bit late for me. I’d already made the strenuous effort, with the Fox’s help, to get up nearer 6.30am.

 

However, in future they should getting me up, breakfasting. In future I should get the odd bed bath so the dressings shouldn’t get so wet. They will also change sheets, do the washing & hang it up to dry. That will help. They’ll also help with putting me to bed. They don’t do ironing but our cleaner is happy to help with that.

 

Next came the district nurses to change my dressings. The one who came today only saw m a few days ago, but had to admit I was already looking more tired, weaker. We’re both coming to the conclusion you can see the reduction in my strength almost daily now.

 

It doesn’t help that I’m losing my appetite now. The last couple of meals I haven’t been able to polish off entirely but it is not because of the quality of the Fox’s culinary efforts. It’s just my appetite, mixed with my excessive tiredness. It is increasingly looking like the oncologist may not be so far of in the estimate of my remaining time. This last week I’ve lost best part of half a stone in weight – not a good sign.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Cradling you and the Fox in warm gentle cyberhugs. Much love to you both, as always. Malcolm