Saturday 3 April 2021

More changes, some for the good

It’s been a week of changing plans. Tuesday & Wednesday turned into mild sunny days such that friends turned up & sat a while in the garden. They came armed with goodies – fresh homemade scones to eat, cakes & shortbread, as well as chilled lager in one case. It was just so lovely to see friends again. All were worried about how swollen my neck was & how croaky my voice.

 

On Thurday someone came from the hospice to make an assessment of me. She concluded that the swollen glands just nder my jawline were indeed an extension of the cancer.(My gran died of throat cancer, I wonder if there is a connection.) Anyhow she also saw the hospice doctor immediately she got back and organised a couple of medications to help shrink these tumours & make me more comfortable. I had my first dose of 5 tablets for breakfast on Friday. The Fox was shocked by how much the swelling had gone down & how less croaky I was by the afternoon.  I’m certainly feeling more comfortable now, less earache & once more able to stretch my neck a bit & hold my head up straight.

 

I’ve been on the phone this morning to reassure the friends I saw earlier this week I’m on the mend, at least in one way though in some ways it is proving the cancer is still spreading & on the move, maybe not such good news. No doubt we’ll discover more when I go to oncology next week.

 

No comments: