Monday 5 April 2021

Bad start

It’s been a bad start to the day. First thing I do on waking is put my fingers in a sticky patch on the upper sheet. I feel around my nightdress to discover a hardened patch there. I open my eyes. The sticky patch is browny red. I’ve obviously leaked through my dressings during the night. The stuff on my nightdress had dried out but on the sheet was still wet.

 

My first port of call was the bathroom with my dressings’ bag. I soon located the leaking area. I thought the best bet was a sort of padded plaster on top of everything else. Pressing the sticky edges down nearly sent my through the ceiling as the lump it covered was just so tender. Still I managed.

 

I then turned my attention to getting dressed & my other ablutions.

 

I was intending to make some Chicken Curry Pancakes for dinner tonight. I couldn’t be bothered. The idea of making them just turns my stomach. Fortunately the Fox had put the meat & stock in the fridge so they should keep until tomorrow when hopefully I’m feeling more like myself. Instead I think we’ll be having another tuna & bean salad. We can get a few extra fresh things, such as bread & tomatoes, on the way home from seeing the district nurses later today.

 

Let’s hope tomorrow morning is less traumatic.

 

No comments: