Tuesday 3 March 2020

The third mishap


Just what I needed. After watching the TV last night, I took off my glasses. One arm broke off. So now I’m going to have to ring an optician to make an appointment. I suspect this pair of glasses is beyond repair so that will mean another eye test first. I was due one later this year so hopefully it won’t cost us anything. If nothing else eye tests are usually free if you are buying new frames & I will certainly need those.

The nuisance factor lies in the fact our time this week is limited due to the trip down to Manchester again. That has to go ahead.

Fortunately I kept my previous pair of specs, so I have got something to wear in the meanwhile. My prescription hadn’t changed dramatically. I got new frames then as the old ones seemed rather fragile. At this point in time they seem less fragile than the new ones.

This seems to have been the third incident trying to discourage me from going to Wythenshawe. First there was the chaos over the cancelled appointment. Then on Saturday I managed to fall over in the lounge. As I reached the ground I noticed the TV was starting to tipple over on top of me. I put my arm up to stop it, which I managed. However, in the process I seem to have pulled a muscle in my left shoulder, the side I’ve got the cancer, making it more painful. At least I hope that’s the cause of the extra pain rather than any growth by the tumour. And now my specs break. Maybe now I’ve had my mishaps for the moment.

No comments: