Thursday 26 March 2020

Getting there


I’m slowly getting back to normal. If anything can be called normal these days.

Each day I’m doing my physio exercises two or three times a day. My shoulder is loosening up. I’m beginning to move around more like I usually do,

I’m once more in the kitchen. To my joy. I’ve just been making some turkey nuggets ready to fry up this evening. Turkey nuggets are essentially leftover turkey, minced & mixed with some mayo & cumin, formed into small balls & coated in breadcrumbs, I’ve also peeled some spuds. So far the Fox has ended up doing the cooking come the evening but I’m hoping maybe today I’ll manage.

Yesterday I got an official letter from the NHS advising me that I was a “Vulnerable person” so should self-isolate for the next twelve weeks. I’d already come to that conclusion by myself. The Fox is only going out for essentials such as food. He’s trying to keep well away from others & wearing gloves to get money out of the hole-in-the-wall. Plenty of people have volunteered to shop for us but while we can, & the Fox shows no symptoms, we would prefer to get out own things.

Self-isolation has become a much more pleasant idea with the sun shining & having such a large garden we can sit out in. The phone seems to have been ringing regularly as friends endeavour to keep contact even if we can’t see each other. So many of our friends are self-isolating due to either their age or pre-existing medical conditions. None so far have had any symptoms. Long may that continue.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Love the positivity - we always keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Sending warm gentle cyberhugs your way!