Friday 13 March 2020

The new Annie Lennox


The tea cosy is off. I’ve finally concluded the time has come to discard it. There is a sufficient covering of white haze to not frighten half the neighbourhood to death when they see me. It looks white rather than an bare scalp.

It seems to me if I’m having an op next week, an occasion when I will not be able to wear my wig, I might as well get used to being seen with such short hair.

So yesterday I left it off. I was reassured when our cleaner arrived & complimented me on my new look. Then in the afternoon we went to the golf club to be asked where I had had it cut. I’m the new Annie Lennox apparently.

I will admit, though, my woolly hat has made an emergence. With so little hair on top I certainly feel the cold.

I had half hoped my hair might return with some colour in it, but if anything it’s even more silvery than before. But at least it’s back.

No comments: