Monday 30 March 2020

Another invite


I’m just drying up after par-cooking some spuds for dinner, when I hear the sound of post arriving. Yet another letter from the RLI (Lancaster Infirmary). I sometimes think life seems to be all about hospital visits. This time it is Oncology.

Last Friday I had a telephone consultation with Oncology. They agreed with me I was in no state to risk the environs of Lancaster & a hospital unless it was essential. Not when I’m so immediately post-operative & had chemo not so long ago.

The letter sends me my next appointment. Late June. I find myself wondering if that will end up being another telephone consultation as coronavirus continues to haunt the country. Much as I will probably be going stir crazy by then, I suspect I will be still housebound.



No comments: