Wednesday 16 October 2019

On the up


I can’t describe how good it is to feel so much more comfortable, to be able to sleep on either side without being racked by searing pain. I still can’t quite get over how quick the change has been. After all, I only had the first dose of medication a couple of days ago, earlier this week.

I feel a little more sober as a result of reading a copy of the letter that arrived today sent from Oncology to the surgeon at the Breast Clinic. In this letter the prospect of success seems fairly low. He suspects I will not react well to the chemotherapy. He even refers to the treatment as probably being "palliative". However, the way I’m feeling so far I’m a lot more optimistic, much as I suspect he’s right that there will be side effects yet to be endured. At the moment there’s no sign of them.

Later this week we’ve been invited to a travel fair by our usual travel agents. Such is our optimism that we are thinking of going to get some holiday ideas for next year. I’m curious to see if any of the coach holidays are wheelchair accessible. These days the Fox is not happy driving long distances. Newcastle is far enough. But it would be nice to holiday in this country or into other parts of the UK. However, we are not aware of any wheelchair accessible coach holiday providers. If nothing else we might raise awareness of the number of people who might be interested in such holidays if only their mobility needs were taken into consideration when the companies buy their fleets of coaches. We’re still hoping we have a few more trips abroad, to France or Italy, both countries, cultures & people we love.

We’ll see. But first things first. Get through this chemo & see how I’m doing then.

No comments: