Monday 14 October 2019

Another trip


It’s back to the hospital again today. It’s first dose of chemo time.

I will be relieved when today is over. Then we will know how long to allow for the treatment each week. And maybe some idea of how I am reacting to the chemicals though I suspect that will build up over time.

The dressings around the PICC line will also be changed. As far as I can tell all’s well there. I’m still feeling conscious of it being stuck in my arm but it doesn’t seem to have got caught in anything or been bashed at all. I do take great care taking my arm out of sleeves for fear it might catch & even start to pull out the line. I expect it will soon just become an extra part of me which I can ignore, just second nature.

My biggest problem at the moment is that the pain from the tumour has spread right through my shoulder, making lying or sitting back in a chair very uncomfortable. I gather this treatment today should take over an hour so I will be relieved to stay in my wheelchair rather than transferring to the very comfortable-looking armchairs the hospital provides. An hour of trying not to lean back would be too much. An hour of leaning back on my shoulder blade would be too much.

Hopefully once this treatment starts the tumour will start to shrink & then hopefully become less uncomfortable. I do hope so.

No comments: