Wednesday 30 October 2019

Chilli for a chilly night


I’ve just been making soup. It’s a spicy chicken soup. It certainly should warm us up on these cold nights. There’s chilli in it as well as fajita seasoning. As there’s rice , tomatoes & sweetcorn as well, I’m regarding as a main course soup. All we need to do is get some fresh bread while we’re out shopping later today & we’re set.

Yesterday I got some good news. The district nurse has been organised to come on Fridays to take my bloods. That should be far less tiring for me than having to make a second trip into Lancaster every week. I have no idea what time she is likely to turn up. I gather they do often ring the day before to give you some idea of time, but that doesn’t worry me unduly if we don’t hear.  I’ll be in all morning anyhow so that shouldn’t be a problem. The cleaner comes Friday mornings these days. I’m just hoping the nurse gets here in time for us to join the Friday gang at the golf club. That’s usually a jolly time.

No comments: