Wednesday 23 October 2019

A bit of colour


I’ve just been to cut some flowers in the garden for the house.

 

I do love alstroemeria lilies. In the back garden we have the tall red/orange ones, which are the ones I’ve just cut. In the front garden we have some small pink ones. I love the markings on the flowers, those flecks of red.

 

This year is the first year they’ve flowered well & what a treat it has been. They’ve produced more and more flowers throughout the summer months. The pink ones in the front look as though they’re about done for this year, but the orange ones in the back are still flowering well.


They’ll certainly brighten up our lounge as the nights draw in. I’ve just realised the clocks change this weekend so we’ll certainly have plenty of dark evenings ahead as we step nearer into winter.




No comments: