Monday 28 October 2019

Another visitor


It’s a white morning today. The first real frost of the season. But like so many frosty mornings, the sun is shining brightly, cheerily. Various birds are flitting around trying to find food. The bird feeder is emptying quickly. The temperature at 7am was -7˚C. Winter definitely feels as though it’s on the way.

Yesterday, too, was bright in the morning – it turned wet by the afternoon. I ventured out to try to take a photo of our strawberry tree in full bloom/fruit. It’s looking rather magnificent at the moment. As I concentrated on trying to frame up the picture, I was suddenly shocked by an almighty whoosh sound. I looked up in time to see a big fat, very furry black cat jumping over the fence into our garden. I looked round to see the prey – a grey squirrel. It’s years since a squirrel last ventured into the garden. I love to watch them at their mischief. I hastily hissed at the cat. It swerved & rushed up to the far end of the garden. The squirrel lived another day.

No comments: