Thursday 17 October 2019

A catalogue of niggles


I don’t know why it is but when one thing goes wrong, everything seems to go wrong.

As you know my health has gone wrong. Just at a time when we feel we have enough to worry about a whole lot of niggles have appeared.

The first to go was the weather strip on our back door. I nearly took flight as my sandal caught on the bit that had come off. Next was the spring in the lounge door handles. Then the shed door swelled up with all the rain so it can no longer close properly. It is old & disintegrating so really needs replacing. Next the garage door has broken with the result we can’t open it – so no trips on my mobility scooter until we can get that open. Fortunately there is a side door so we can still get in for gardening equipment, rubbish storage etc. Then yesterday, as we set out, I noticed condensation between the panes of glass in one of our front windows. Another thing to chase up. Oh, and the handle keeps coming off the lid of one of our saucepans making it dangerous to remove the lid when it is hot.

I’m going around wondering what’s next to fall apart. Or is it just our life generally at the moment?

No comments: