Monday 20 May 2019

Change of plans


On Thursday, I decided to ring the hospital to find out what was happening concerning the problem I had with my hand last month. I thought I’d best let them know I was going away soon & give them the dates so they wouldn’t organise an appointment & then dismiss me as I hadn’t shown up. I had been told at Neurology to ring in about 2 weeks’ time if I hadn’t heard anything. I hadn’t heard & it was now three weeks. You can imagine my surprise to discover I had an appointment 9.45 am the next day, on Friday. They reckoned they had sent a letter. I assured them I hadn’t received a letter. It was fortunate that I had decided to ring when I did.

I hastily changed my hair appointment, 9.30, at Heysham. There was no way I could have kept that & got to Lancaster by 9.45. Fortunately they managed to fit me in on Thursday afternoon.

The hospital trip was inconclusive. I clearly haven’t got anything too serious wrong with me. No signs of stroke, no trapped nerves. They suspect there’s a problem with my neck. However, as I’ve regained my grip & nearly all my sensation in my hand & fingers, it doesn’t seem worth investigating further at this stage. The doctor seem to suggest I’ve probably got mild angina but again, until it gets worse, it’s not worth doing anything about it. Otherwise I seem to be in robust good health.

Now I just keep my fingers crossed that nothing worse happens & there isn’t a recurrence of a problem with my hand. I just hope it wasn’t a sign of something worse to come. However, I’m putting it at the back of my mind & turning my attention to Norway & our holiday.

No comments: