Saturday 1 December 2018

The weekend


At last it’s the weekend. A couple of whole days without the need to go into Lancaster to the hospital. We’re in dire need of them.

It’s also very wet, as it has been most of this week. It gives us no incentive to even think of going out, not even for a quiet relaxing drink & chat.

With this in mind I’m doing a slow cook meal – layers of sliced potatoes, minced beef & baked beans in a very gentle oven for 2 hours until the top of layer of potatoes are crispy & golden & those below are meltingly tender.

All in all I think it will be a lazy day. The one thing I’m thinking I might get around to doing is locating the Christmas cards. I suppose it’s time I got those written up. I usually include a letter to a couple of friends but this year I think they may have to wait until next year for their letter. I’m having enough trouble trying to write these blogs without making the effort to compose letters too.

We’re both so looking forward to next weekend & knowing we will not have to go to the hospital three times a week any more. Admittedly I shall have to get onto chasing up my appointment for some new knee braces. I’ve been waiting a couple of months now & my old ones are slowly falling to pieces. The Fox will be having a follow up appointment with Dermatology but I suspect that won’t be until the new year now.

Oh but just to be able to relax a bit will be wonderful. Admittedly, with Christmas on the horizon, there won’t be too much time for relaxation.

No comments: