Wednesday 12 December 2018

Busily getting things done


We don’t seem to be able to quite relax. We still half-expect to have to get ready to go off to the hospital. However, things are getting done.

Monday saw the purchase of the turkey. Yes we are having turkey this year. I’m going to roast it on Saturday. All the remaining bits will be packed away into small parcels, appropriately labelled, & put into the freezer. Come Christmas I will get out some nice slices of turkey, slather them with a creamy cheesy mustardy mix & pop under the grill for our festive meal – quick & easy, and stressfree.

Yesterday I got most of the cards that need posting done in the morning. There remains only the couple I usually add a letter to. I’ve yet to settle to doing that. In the afternoon we went down to Morecambe & purchased a calendar & diary for 2019 & some frozen scallops for something a bit festive between Christmas & New Year. While we were out we posted off the cards I’d done.

Today’s chore will be the main food shop for this week. Hopefully I will get onto the first draft of one Christmas letter.

It’s a gloomy day today. I’ve rarely had to put the lights on to peel potatoes at 9am. Today I did. Despite the gloom it is staying dry so I should be grateful for that. It’s just that the gloom is getting me down. It’s now nearer10am & I’m wondering if I shouldn’t put the lights on even now. Roll on longer days. We’re not so far from the shortest now.

No comments: