Friday 30 November 2018

Busy day


I seem to be having a busy day today. It’s only 10am & yet I’ve already done this week’s ironing. I’ve also sorted out the beef ready for tonight’s dinner. The Fox is stir-frying again so I’ve been cutting some steak into strips ready to go into the marinade for velvetting before frying into the wok. The rest of the steak has been divided into appropriate portions & put into the freezer for another day. The Fox is hoping to do another beef stir fry next week. I’ve also found a nice looking bottle of shiraz to accompany the meal.

Now I’m here. First thing is to catch up on my freezer list, adding the steak I’ve just put in the freezer. Now it’s this quick blog.

Later on it will be the hospital yet again. Then after we get home the Fox has to go to the surgery for a blood-let yet again.

Yesterday we got to the library. Among other things I got out a guide book on Belgium. On our holiday in Bardolino this year, we met some lovely people from Antwerp. I felt ashamed I couldn’t enthuse over their country as they did ours. They’d been to see the Beatle tourist trail – they’re great fans of the Beatles - in Liverpool & to visit Manchester United stadium & museum. One of them was Dutch so we could at least enthuse about our visits to his country.

Last night we looked at some of the pictures of Antwerp & area. It looks fabulous. It confirms my impression it would be an interesting place to visit in 2019. Hopefully that’s what we will do.

The Belgians we met this year regularly visit this same hotel in September. We’re tempted to go again at the same time. It would be nice to say we’d visit their country if we see them again. Our conversations, though, I think will have to continue to be in English. French we might have managed, but Flemish, which is their language sounds too Dutch for us. We may gain a few words but that would be it.

No comments: